3 Years

It's hard to imagine that 3 years ago I married my best friend... it feels like it was just yesterday. I still feel like the luckiest person on earth.

 This day was crazy (the fun kind of crazy). We spent its surrounded by family and friends who showered us with love. Beyonce was played and I danced A LOT. My favorite part of the whole thing was going back to our hotel room, eating cold pizza, drinking champagne from the bottle and watching SNL in bed - curled up next to my husband.

 I never shared any of our beautiful photos from that day on my blog! Let's take a trip down memory lane!

All of our lovely wedding photos were taken by the sweet and talented Gaby Jeter of Gaby J Photography! You can ooh and awe at her portfolio here.

My bouquet was created by Victoria Hogan of Flora Pop. Victoria also doubled as our freaking knight in shining armor. She became our officiant when our original officiant mixed up the date a didn't show up. You can read about that crazy story here. I am forever grateful to Victoria for saving the day.

You can listen to our wedding day playlist here! I walked down the aisle to Moving On from the Lost soundtrack. Lost played an important part in our relationship. It's the first thing we bonded over in our first film class together, and its what helped us reconnect 4 years later over Facebook. I cry EVERY-TIME I listen to this song. Our first dance was to Let's Stay Together by Al Green, my father/daughter dance was to How To Handle A Woman from the Camelot soundtrack (my father's choice and a soundtrack we listened to together when I was a kid), and Tyler danced with his mama to Teach Your Children by Crosby Stills Nash & Young. The rest of the songs were on a wedding day compilation album we made our guests!

I made Tyler a video for our 2nd wedding anniversary, compiled with footage from our wedding and honeymoon. You can watch that hereDISCLAIMER - I messed up while editing this video. It ends at the 4:04 mark, but if you do some scrolling (to the 9:57 mark) you will catch some sick dance moves from my beloved in-laws, my BFF Julie and myself. 

You can watch my brother Anthony and I dance to 7/11 by Beyonce (unrehearsed BTW) here.

And finally, you can see some sweet dance moves from my brother Andre here.


Mama snapped this while we were getting ready.

Tyler took this the morning after our wedding. The first time I ever ordered room service!















Love all these wonderful people so much.



Julie styled this absolutely beautiful setup at our original ceremony location.











3.14.15 - Slice of Pi



Julie and I created these centerpieces!

Julie provided 99% of the beautiful vintage pieces used throughout our wedding. Forever grateful to have such a beautiful soul in my life. 






























Comments

Popular Posts